Quick bugfix release
Here is the promised quick release which should fix some bugs and R4/M3 simply compatibility :)
-04/02/2007 : v0.31 beta
+ now use latest devkitpro (r20) with latest libnds, libfat & palib
= stylus precision & jumping problems fixed (thanks to latest libnds)
= stylus problems with R4/M3 simply should be fixed (thanks to latest palib)
= corrected the bug that make the map selection screen froze when there was more than
10 maps (FAT version)
EDIT: PAFS version is broken in this release due to a stupid error… Just use version 0.3 instead of this one.
I’m currently trying to find the bug which sometimes corrupt sprites (it seems to occurs only at the beginning of a round, please correct me if I’m wrong ;) ) and the one that cause an attack sprite to stay fixed on the screen sometimes after selling a tower.
I also added a compatibility page, just take a look at it if you’re experiencing problem while running it on your flashcard.
Finally, I updated the maps page with the latest uploaded maps. I also quickly tested newest ones this morning (boring lessons are great for that :D ) and here is my personal opinion on those, as it was requested:
- Blizzard TD : probably the best map out there for now, beautiful gfx & design (please can you send me the tileset used so I can add it to the map editor?). Difficulty is progressive, there’s a great bunch of towers and 61 rounds, yes!! I urge you to test it :)
- Ice Maze TD : simple but nice map, enjoyable but I found that the towers are not balanced at all : only wind & ice towers are usable, earth & fire are useless compared to the wind tower.
- Bl00dy : good map, nice idea, but I found it too short and too easy. Also a polished gfx design of the map would be a great addition (like just rounding all edges). There’s also some typos, and I don’t see the point of the ^ZONK^ tower (evolutions can have no towers if you just want more towers upgrade ;) )
- Amazone : great map, towers are well balanced, some rounds too easy for me :) There’s some typos also.
- Gears of war TD: nice map & theme, good balance & difficulty but it’s too short!! It needs more rounds :)
- Ice Maze : too easy in my opinion, but well done, great ideas and balance. Also needs more rounds!
- Ruinas : great map, a lot of rounds, 4 clans to choose from, very enjoyable. Too bad that there’s a lot of typos :(
- The maze: nice design, a lot of content but it’s way too easy and towers are unbalanced (water man, warrior & magician are way too powerful… or maybe the monsters are too weak :P). Also some lines in tower descriptions are too long.
I also tested those maps but not added them due to some problems
- Laberinto: great idea, but please translate it to english!
– Hellgate Keeper: nice map but unplayable due to a problem with monster collision map
– latest Virus TD: unplayable, tower collision map is invalid
– 6 clans ice : nice ideas and a lot of towers, but seems unfinished :( it’s very short too
– Azteca: I don’t see the point of this map, it’s just a copy on mine with 5000 gold and 2 towers added, I don’t see any interest as if you build the big one, it kills every single monster by itself. A map for frustated losers? :P
– Demon hunter! : unplayable, seems unfinished
If I forgot one just post a comment ;)