Sad news :-(
Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to make it in time. I’m leaving next week, and won’t have any more time to work on it. Since it will be quite a long time now before I’ll be able to develop this hombrew, I’m unsure about the fact that I may finish it someday.
In a few days, the full source code of the last version will be released. I’ll also try to put out a fixed release with works with M3/G6 real, since I know a way to bypass the problem with those cards.
Now a little explanation on this sad ending: in the end, I nearly got the 200$ needed, but way too late… But that not the only problem I had. Even when I didn’t had the donations for, I ordered a 2nd flashcard because I know it take some time to receive it from those online sellers. Unfortunately, there was stock problems (even though it was said to be available..) and I received it only last week. And without the microsd card I bought with :-( When I saw it would take some time to gather all the money, I decided to follow the advices in some comments and went out to check for used DS. I spent a full afternoon asking in all used stuff shops I could find, none had a DS (some had PSP, but no DS..). Even with those failures, I decided to go on and start programming, but after having added all the gfx needed for the lobby, I realized the memory used by those would cause problems in-game, since it’s *really* tight in memory. To make it work, I had to recode all a major part of the gfx in GIF format (easy), but also rewrite the whole way gfx are managed in the menu and in-game (not enough time for..). And on top of that, the USB key where the lobby gfx paint shop pro files were died, and I don’t know why :s Still I started thinking about the multiplay comm protocol and came with lots of ideas, with some I think doable in the short time I had. But the memory problem was still here, all needed some amount of free memory, which wasn’t available. And rewriting the whole game engine obviously wasn’t an option. Still, I came up with more ideas (simplying though the multiplay modes and working) which can work within the free memory range I had, but I didn’t had enough time to make it. Exams, homework and my big school project which I was late on had reason of my remaining free time :-(
I really would like to give many thanks to all donators and everyone who supported this project since its creation, without you I don’t think I could had pushed this homebrew so far.
I feel really bad to not being able to catch up to everyone’s hope concerning multiplay, and to tell the truth, this was my main goal since the creation of this game. I’m really disappointed to end this project without it… Though, since the source will be made public soon (be warned though, it was my first DS game experience, and the code is not really clean), maybe someone will continue working on it.
Thanks again for your support, I had a great fun making this game.